Saturday, January 15, 2011

Swimming Lucy & Photography


CTMH CS, Liquid Glass, Rub-Ons
   Stamp ~ Swimming Lucy,  Basic Grey Bitter Sweet, Black Embossing Powder, Gel Pen,
Misc Ribbon, Chalk, Template, Rhinestones, Copics

I've had this card on my craft table for at least 2 weeks. I heat embossed the image with  black embossing powder, when i colored it it ran a bit on her face.. dang!... I spent to much time on it to redo so i left it and put it together this morning. Hope it's not that noticeable. I ♥ this paper!!

I'm trying to keep up with my photography skills so i shot this card in manual setting. If your interested... I had the camera set at... Shutter Speed 1/40 {Light meter... center zero} Aperture f/8.0 and  ISO  was 200 here. {100 would be bright outdoor light}  No flash, but one daylight bulb in my photo box.

A friend asked me to take school pictures of her 2 kids. I'm excited to do that!! :)  I did a family of 9 over Christmas. I'll post them in the near future.
Well, I played long enough today, It will take me a week to clean up. I have quite the mess! Charlie took the boys ice fishing this morning. They called this afternoon  and said they caught a 14 inch bass. {dinner tomorrow} :)
Well friends thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!
Blessings!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Such a cute card and I'm so glad that you are getting to do some photography, yay!

Alanna said...

What a great card. Lucy looks great and I love how you did the water and the sky.

Jeanne said...

Wow, this looks great, Kari! I like the sky and of course, swimming Lucy looks terrific.

Congrats on keeping up with your photography. Have fun with it.

Whoohooo to the guys for catching dinner! That's fabulous. Enjoy it!

Sparkle said...

I can only barely tell and because you said so, lol. Your card is just darling!

Barb said...

Sweet card! I love that paper too. And what a catch your men made! Bass for dinner sounds yummy!

Kathi C. said...

Cute card - photographed to perfection! Your photos are all wonderful, and I am happy to hear you are enjoying it so much.

Take care, friend, and have a great week!

Jena said...

Cute card! Have fun with your new photography opportunities! Oh, and ice fishing? Brrr! Hope they had fun. Have a great week!