Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall.... and a Happy Birthday


Yesterday was  Micah's Birthday. Wow, I can't believe my baby boy is 9 years old.  We're all going to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday {Micah's choice} with Mark & Christyl, gbabies and a few others.
Wednesday my boy's had early release from school so I took them out for a few pictures, but for some odd reason blogger is only letting me upload "one" photo while in Browse. Why? I don't know.
Sam is very hard to photograph these days, stubborn is more like it. Maybe it's his age. I've been saying lately  he's 10 going on 15. Maybe i shouldn't say That.
 
Anywhoo, Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my photos.  In the last 6 weeks of  photography class I feel like i took in so much information, now putting it all together and using my skills has been fun yet challenging.  I have Photo Shop Elements 9 and last week  I enrolled in Jessica's Self Paced  *Photo Editing Class*  The first lesson was adjusting skin tones. It  amazes me how you can manipulate a photo to get the "Perfect" look?  I don't mean adjusting the  color to make someones eyes more bluer or bigger.  But just fixing  flaws or enhancing color/contrast/background. Once I removed  {PS}  a  red cooler off a pier.  That was so cool to see it disappear from the photo. LOL
I'm still needing practice so later today I'm photographing my friends family. {5} I love the location she picked. There's a gazebo and pond in the background. I'll post pics  when i get them done and ready to give  to her on a cd. Well i best be off,  I've got some chores to get done. TGIF...  Have a great weekend!  :)
Thanks for stopping by friends!!

7 comments:

Sharli said...

Oh My Goodness Kari - what a great photo! I think you'll have to live with the sullen skulking in the photos. When he's all grown up perhaps he'll regret the sour expressions. In the meanwhile - it accurately reflects the person at the time. Not much more you can do! The setting, colors, and your other son are just awesome. The sourpuss is, too, he just makes me feel sad.

I love the photos you've been posting - I really want to take a class now!
Hugs!

Sparkle said...

It's still a great pic, even with the attitude. :) Glad you're doing well and enjoying the class! It's pretty neat what you can do with technology nowadays.

Flying high in the sky.... said...

beautiful !!!

Jeanne said...

Kari, I'm so glad for you that you are enjoying your classes. You are definitely learning lots and your excitement shows that. Great picture of your boys, even the less than happy one. You gotta pick your battles, I think. If you want him in the picture, you get to deal with this. If you don't want to deal with it, keep him out of the frame, I guess. Good luck! and hugs!

I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating Micah's birthday! You're brave to attempt Chuck E. Cheese on a Saturday! LOL

Jeanne said...

Ohhhh, just thought of this...maybe with your new photography/photo editing skills you can turn his expression to a happy one! LOL Just kidding~

Kathi C. said...

Happy Birthday to Micah! Yes, time goes by incredibly fast. Your photo is awesome. As for Sam's attitude, it will probably be around for a while - cute in the photo though and something to give him a hard time about 20 years from now.

What kind of camera do you have? If you've told us before, I have forgotten. Whatever it is, you are doing amazing things with it.

Enjoy the party today, and have a great weekend!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous picture. Your boys are so handsome and your photography is amazing.