Monday, October 25, 2010

A Birthday Party and The Boecker Family

A party without Chuck E Cheese?
We no sooner walked in the door, sat down and the mouse was in our face. LOL
We all had a great time! It doesn't look like it but the place was packed when we got their.
Well as you can see I figured out the best way to post pics. I used my Picasa web album and uploaded  in multiples, so much faster!!  It stopped working uploading them one at a time in Browse.

 I can't believe Micah is 9. He picked out his cake. Gifts not shown... but he received 70$ in gift cards, Wimpy Kid book, Bop it, Spy kit. Thank You!!

Trying to get every one to smile at the same time was impossible.
Too many distractions.


Boecker Kids
Katie, Jon, Emma
This is the mom's favorite picture. All 3 kids were adopted from China at just under 2 years old.
I love the color outfits they chose. All i asked was to color coordinate their outfits. :)

Boecker Family
This is my favorite!

I was asked what kind of camera I have. It's a Canon Rebel T1i 15mp.
The newer Canon Rebel is  T2i. little bit more $$...  they both have video. What is nice about the SLR camera's is the lenses are changeable. When you get the Rebels/Nikon or higher end camera's they come with or without a Kit Lens. When I took the photography class Candice recommended the **{50mm 1.4 or 1.8 lens.} Which a lot of photographers use. It will give you a nice wide -close up frame, but with no zoom. It blurs the background very nicely. **The lower the number the less in focus.{background}
My last camera was a Canon SLR D10 I bought from my brother 5 years ago when he upgraded. It was only a 6mp.  Very Small LCD Screen. I recently sold it on Craigslist. I also  a point & shoot camera. Canon Powershot SX110 9mp.

Oh and I'll let you know how to get the soft black border around the outside of the photos.
But first off,  I haven't figured it out yet in PSE9... If someones wants to share how, I would love to know.
Anyway, there is a free photo editing site called **Picnik**  {maybe you already have it or something like it}  Download it, Create an Account,  Upload a photo and go to the .....Create Tab, then to Effects and scroll down to Vignette. There are many other  cool effects you can use as well. Not to mention some FUN stuff too. :)

Well I hope this helped. If you have any questions you would like to ask me about the Photography class or my camera. You can  e me @  kariberry97@yahoo.com or post here.
I am  very much enjoying photography. I have not  arrived, but I'm  enjoying the ride. :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

4 comments:

Flying high in the sky.... said...

brilliant!! i loved the shots with purplish effect! wow!!

Kathi C. said...

More awesome photos, Kari! Cute kids and handsome families all over the place.

Thanks for the camera info. My next "big" purchase is going to be a digital SLR but not until I have the time to take a class like you did and really learn how to use it.

Sparkle said...

Looks like Micah had a fabulous party! Your pictures turned out great...and I'm gonna buy the T2i. :) Thanks for the tip you left on Facebook!

Barb said...

Looks like a fun day! And your photography skills are awesome...great pics!