Monday, May 3, 2010

Hitting the pause button.....

 I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days  needing to sort things out in my head & heart. Honestly I'm ok, excited... but yet  mentally/spiritually preparing myself for my Missions Trip mid July. I was at the Global Expeditions website not to long ago looking at pictures from last years missions trip, someone had posted a picture that will forever stick in my head/heart. An older women going through the dump, looking for whatever she could find that was worth something. Whether it was food or material.
I've seen the Newsboys Video numerous times. I'm wanting to bring the kids.... some Love, Hope....shoes, flip flops, candy and some kites. My rep and  I chat with every few weeks. He said the kids love candy. They'll follow you if they know you have some.
I know a while back some of you  were interested in an update as to how my missions trip was coming along. I have pretty much all my ducks in a row. I had to apply for a new Birth Certificate because I didn't have a raised seal on mine. That came in 3 days. I applied for my Pass Port March 1st. That arrived in 18 days, wow, they told me it could take up to 6 weeks.
As far as my financial portion of the trip.  I've raised $702.00 so far. {thank you very much friends & family!!} I still need to raise $338.00 by mid June. That's a Praise the Lord!!... considering my whole cost including my airfare was $1040.00. Thank you for your prayers and support!! You can read about my trip here
 I'm not sure when I'll be back with anything creative. I'll try to  comment from time to time.  I'm just needing a break right now. Thank you for  your visits and sweet comments!
I love ya!!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Alanna said...

Glad to hear that things are progressing nicely for your trip. Take the time you need to get everything in order. We'll be here when you get back into blogland.

Kathi C. said...

Having taken a little break myself a couple of weeks ago, I know where you're at. Take all the time you need, my friend.

I am happy to hear that things are falling into place for your trip. You are doing something so wonderful. I admire that and the person you are.

Take care.

Jeanne said...

A break is a good thing when you are feeling overwhelmed or have a lot on your plate. I completely understand.

Sounds like it's all coming together for your trip. I have a feeling it's going to be life-changing for you!

Take care of yourself, sweetie!

Lisa said...

Glad to hear your taking some "me" time, its so important for us all.
Hugs,
Lisa