Thursday, April 29, 2010

Resilient.....

  Thank you for your sweet kind words on my previous post!

The last 3 days I have been hearing this word **Resilient** a number of times concerning my boys and their school change this fall. I have come to believe that they'll adjust just fine. {they'll bounce back}
Resilient..... The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.

I told them yesterday and they both cried.  I knew they would, {I felt bad} so i thought what better way to prepare them then to take them to see their new school.  They met the principal and some of the teachers. They warmly welcomed them!  Well to my surprise when they found out they would have  their own locker,  it was a done deal.  :) But i knew there would be days when they'd say they don't wanna go their. This morning was that day....  it will all work out and they'll still be able to visit their friends.
Thanks again for your kind words!

Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm glad to hear that they're taking it a bit better now.

Kathi C. said...

Oh Kari, I'm sorry I wasn't one who offered you encouragement. I meant, too, but snuck a peek at your post at work, and then, it slipped my mind. Early senility...

Sometimes, the decisions we make for our children are not very well received. I remember upsetting my boys several times. They came around and eventually realized that the decisions were based on what was best for them and our family. Years later, they are grateful. Your sons will be, too.

One more thing, that little Ian is as cute as his sisters and uncles. Such a handsome family you have!!

Take care, friend! Resiliant is a good word and a good way to be in a world that changes daily.