Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He is.....Funny, Quirky, Kissable, Unstoppable, Spontaneous, Irresistible, Energetic, Clever, Amazing, Extraorinary, Witty, Rough on the outside ~ Gentle on the inside, Wonderful, Thoughtful...and Loved!

           Oh and did I mention "Strong Willed"....
Sam I Am!

 
Inspired by Dr Seuss? You bet!! 
A few weeks ago  I was cleaning out the boys bookshelf.  Books they don't read anymore, I came across this one [put it aside}...inspiration was stirred,  I  remembered reading this book to my boys when they were little....
 "I do not like them, Sam I Am" 
Well this morning was the perfect time to make the  Sam I am page.
Oh and did I mention I had a rough morning  getting them ready and off to school. I won't go into detail. But i decided not to hold on to the anger. Instead i did what any normal stay at home mom/ scrapbooker would do.... I created a page.... LOL.... turned those negative angry feelings  into something more  positive.  I will never forget working on this layout today. It brought back all the positive qualities I felt about my son. Dispite how i was feeling earlier.
We all need to vent, sometimes life is hard.... But I love the family God has given me!  

Products Used~ CTMH CS,  It's a Guy Thing Paper Pack & Stickease. Thicker Letters, Plastic Slider Frame,  Brads, Sewing Machine.

 Thanks for your sweet comments on my previous post. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening with those you love!

7 comments:

Kathi C. said...

What a great way to turn a negative into a positive. Your layout is awesome, Kari! The sight of the book brought back sweet memories, too. Oh, and I only remember the sweet ones. I think we had some difficult mornings, too. LOL.

Laurel said...

Oh how fantastic!

Sparkle said...

Such a darling layout!

Julie said...

Kari, I just love that page. I love turning negative into positive. You did the most wonderful job. Scrapbook is something I just don't understand and yes I know, everyone says it's an easy craft to get started in. I just don't think I could use a couple pictures when I take way to many.
I have a picture I so wanted to put into a scrapbook page. I even bought some goodies to use with it, just can't put two and two together to make something great. One day maybe.
Take care and have a great evening. God Bless my friend.

Sharli said...

What a darling layout - I truly believe it's important to scrap the everyday things! Even the negative sometimes. It's part of our lives, after all. When we can tell the story of how we dealt with it - that's the part that is important to remember. Hugs!
Nice work!

Jeanne said...

I'm SO impressed that you took some not so nice feelings and completely turned them around into something wonderful and positive. You are one smart lady to do that! Your page is wonderful and a definite reminder that you don't have to be stuck in the less than perfect situation. Awesome!

Jena said...

What a fabulous page! I have also made a Sam I Am page, and was just looking at it today, actually, but mine is about the book, not the name ;-) Yours is such a treasure - TFS!