Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hula Hoop

Products Used~CTMH  Stamps...Leave Your Mark,{bubble}& TLC, CS,  DP Key To My Heart, {DogGone Stamps Hula Girl} Paper Pieced Shirt, Pigment Black Ink, Nesties, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers.

Did you have a hula hoop when you were a kid? I'm not sure if i did. I know my daughter did. Oh man, what a walk down memory lane. I should have  done a little research to see what year they came out. They still sell em. How fun!! I can't wait to see my grand daughters using one. : )  
I've had this  Hula stamp image and nestable die cuts for well over a year. Why i haven't used  either of them? I dunno.  But i love the way the nesties turned out. I just find it takes more time to die cut the matts. But it does look nicer. I did add rhinestones to her piggy tails. {not shown}
We have the  kids Pinewood Derby Races this morning, so  I thought i would get this card posted. Charlie pre-registered their cars last night, they are ready to race this morning. May the fastest/coolest car win!! :)  As of last night there were 45 entries already. I'll post pics later. But a  busy weekend here. We have the water park tomorrow afternoon with  the kids school. They are excited to have all their friends together at the water park.
Well my friends have a wonderful weekend, thanks for stoppin by, and thank you for your sweet comments!

  Edited in....Hula Hoop Inventor  how fun!! They even had "Wham-O" Toy Factory back then.

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card! I still can't hula hoop, lol. But it's always fun seeing people play with one. :) Good luck at the races!

Alanna said...

I love the image. Super cute. I can't hula hoop but I am getting better with it on the Wii Fit.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sarah said...

FUN card!!!! I did have a hula hoop..but you know what..I can't do it now...my DD can..but me???? no way...only on the Wii fit ha ha
Good luck at the races.

Lisa said...

Your card looks so fun! I love her little paper pieced shirt!

Jeanne said...

What a FUN and happy card! Yep, I look just as cute as that little girl when I hula hoop...NOT! LOL I had one or two of them growing up. My girls have some now. I even checked out a book from the library on hooping as a form of fitness!

Hope the rest of your Saturday went well. Hard to believe you were going to the water park in March!

Laurel said...

Oh this is adorable! I never could hula hoop and neither can my girls.

Laurel said...

I have something for you on my blog.