Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pig Tails & ER

Products Used~ CTMH CS & Topstitch Lever 2 Papers, Ric Rac, Tag Punch, Ink Desert Sand~ Ribbon/ Fabric Thicker Letters, Pig Tails.... Hobby Lobby

What a title for a post....I couldn't wait to  get pictures of my granddaughter's with pig tails in.  Cailyn's hair is finally long enough that they fit. Being a grandparent is the neatest thing. What a joy & blessing they are! They brings a sweet balance with all the males around here. :)
As I was working on this page this morning  I got a call from Sam's Teacher.  Apparently at recess Sam {10} was playing football on the playground. He slipped on a patch of ice, fell backwards hitting his head on the concrete. I was pretty shook up when his teacher told me that. She said he was crying, they were icing his bump on the back of his head. I said I'll be right there. {Less then a 10 minute drive.} With head injuries you can't be too careful.
I called the Clinic before i left the house.  The nurse told me to bring him to ER and have him checked out..... After 1 1/2 hours monitoring him , checking him over and asking him a few questions...his name,  the date, his pain level  between 1  & 10...10 being the worst he said his pain was a 9.  They opted out doing  a  C-Scan  or Xray. No need to expose his head to radiation if they don't have to. They gave him Motrin for pain....  Turns out he's fine....the ER  Dr told me to wake him up every 4 hours tonight till he comes to and answers me, and have him see his regular Ped Dr in 2 weeks.  I'm sure he'll be fine. I'm glad i took him in. I have heard to many horror stories about peeps who hit their heads and then something tragic happens to them later on.
We just love our kids, don't we!

Have a great evening!! Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs!!



7 comments:

Sparkle said...

They are just darling! I love your layout!

Sarah said...

The LO is sooo cute..those little girls are just darling.
So sorry about the ER visit..but you are so right about head injuries..they are pretty scary. Glad everything worked out OK.

Kathi Carlson said...

Precious layout! I've said it before. Those are the cutest little girls!!

I'm glad Sam's OK. Your story brought back memories of getting calls from the school over playground injuries. Dustin had a concussion once when he was eight, and it was scary.

Take care!!

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness, what an absolutely SWEET photo of your grandbabies. They are adorable and how fun they can both wear pig tails.

As for your son...how scary! You are definitely right to err on the side of caution when it comes to his head. Very scary, but what a relief that everything seems to be okay.

Hugs!

Alanna said...

Your granddaughters are so cute. I love the look of pig tails. As for Sam, I'm glad he's okay.

Laurel said...

CUTE layout and girls! Glad Sam is ok.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

this page is super sweet, I gazed around a bit and your creations are gorgeous...you also have a beautiful family....what a blessing...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*