Saturday, January 16, 2010

L@@K Who's Two


Products Used~ CTMH CS, Rub-Ons, My Minds Eye {Penny Lane} DP, Owl Stamp Hobby Lobby, SU  Scallop Border Punch, Marvy  Circle & Scallop Punches, Googly Eyes, Copics


My granddaughter Cailyn's 2nd BD is Monday the 18th, the  party is today. I thought she would like a  cute Owl card with funny  googly eyes.  This is the only Owl stamp i own that I'm aware of.

Before Christmas break  Micah's teacher asked if i would come in and make Christmas cards with the class. Sure i said. Nothing to hard, we did use the Cuttle Bug and made a stamped Christmas  tag.   They had fun with that. Anyway, one of the moms told me she had 2 large sheets of  Sentiment Stamps and an Owl SS  that i could have. {She ment to buy Rub Ons and when she went to play months later, she realized they were stamps and not rub on.} What...
 She said she would bring them to school after Christmas break. Well sure enough she  did. I asked her "WHY" she didn't return them, or exchange them. She said... "oh that's ok, I know you stamp and you can have them".  She insisted i take them.. so i did... with a fight. :) I lost. Soooo
 Recently when i was out shopping I just so happen to stop at HL, and  just so happened to buy some Rub On sheets. Just so happen to bring them to school, hoping to run into her.  And I just so happen to get them into her hands. Hehehe  She was happy, she said she  likes to make cards & scrap book  pages for her mother and likes using  rub ons. Anyway, with that being said...., that's where the Owl image came from. I think it's cute!
 I need to get ready for the BD party. It's at MC Donalds.  :)
Thanks so much for your visits & sweet comments. And YES... Sparkle Rocks!!
Have a great weekend!  **Added in Birthday Photo**


Praying for Haiti


6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a cute card, Kari!! That's a great owl stamp, and Cailyn is sure to love the googly eyes. Enjoy the day, friend!

Sarah said...

She is SOOOO cute!!! That cake is huge LOL
Your card is darling..and I had to laugh at the comment..the only set "I am aware of" LOL...loved it.

Jeanne said...

Adorable! Hope you all had a great time. I went to a birthday party at McDonalds once when I was a kid...it was pretty cool, I thought.

Loved your story of how you got that cute owl stamp. Very nice of you to find some rub-ons for her, too! You are very sweet and thoughtful.

And I giggled too, when you said, that I know of...I understand it all to well these days!

Laurel said...

Cute card and little girl!

Alanna said...

Your card is so cute and your granddaughter even cuter. Loved the story of how you came to own the owl stamp.

Sparkle said...

She is just adorable! I love your precious card too!