Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Skiing anyone?


Products Used~ CTMH CS, SS Snow Fun, SU Border Scallop Punch, Snowflake Papers /Brads?? Gel Pen,  White Pigment Ink, Copic Markers.

The first time i ever went  cross country skiing was with my friend Carol in the  mid 90's {she passed away in April 2009} We were at Evergreen Park. The road  in the park has lots of turns and hills. I was skiing on flat ground at the time, minding my own business when this guy out of nowhere comes skiing down the hill, his dog pulling him with a rope. Well, guess who got caught up in the rope and a tree... Me... We laughed about it. But I never went skiing  again after that. I have to admitt. This image did bring back some great memories.  I envy people who can ski so well. I would rather ski on water. :)
Yesterday was Sams 10th BD and today is Charlie's BD. We celebrated last night with Mark, Christyl and the girls. Sorry no pictures. This is a busy time of year for me. As I'm sure it is for most of you. I feel so stressed right now, it shouldn't be that way. I  need to get on my treadmill!! I know that would help a lot.
We are mudding, priming and painting our livingroom. {ceiling have done} Hoping to be done with half of it by Christmas.{it's 2 rooms}  It hasn't been painted in 10 years. I can't wait to see some color other then white!  :)
Are you done Christmas shopping?? I'm not. Going this weekend.
Anyhoo, I better get some stuff done. Thank you for your visits and  kind words. It means a lot to me! Have a great day!!
Hugs!!

6 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card! I don't do the skiing thing either! I'm glad you guys had a great birthday celebration! Have fun shopping!

Sarah said...

Great card! I have never snow skied only water skied.
Good luck with the shopping.

Lisa said...

I love your card! What a cute stamp. Sorry you feel overwhelmed, but try to enjoy the season..

Jeanne said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to everyone. I can well imagine you are feeling a bit overwhelmed, you have a LOT on your plate at the moment. Take a deep breath and do what you can. The stuff that matters will get done and the stuff that doesn't, won't. Good luck with your shopping this weekend and getting that room painted. What a huge feeling of accomplishment you'll have when it's all done.

HUGS to you my sweet friend!

Jeanne said...

Oh and so sorry about the skiing incident...I don't blame you for not attempting again. People doing activities with dogs on a leash are just not smart. (I know from personal experience that led to a lawsuit...their dog on a leash caused an accident and they blamed our dog...we eventually won the suit, ie it wasn't our fault.)

Laurel said...

Cute card!