Saturday, August 15, 2009

Just Blooming Here

We have slowed down quite a bit from all the summer activities. Sam & Micah want to take wrestling next over the school year. School starts the 27th of August. {insert smile here}
Both my boys passed into the next level of swimming lessons. Micah goes into level 3 next, Sam into level 4. It was such a thrill to see Sam swim the lenght of the pool by himself. He also had to tread water for 30 seconds, he went over that. Micah had to do the front & back float and the front crawl with the noodle. Our swim lessons here go up to level 6, so they have a way to go.
Our weather here has been just beautiful lately. Everything is blooming nicely!
I thought i would show you what has a bloomed in our front and back yard over the summer. The flowers are not quite full bloom yet, but they are much prettier then the last time i posted them. I hope you enjoy a little tour around our house. Oh and the siding is almost complete : ) I'll post a final update in a few weeks.


Flower bed in front of the house.


Petunias

Marigolds
Super Bena, Burgundy

I love daisies!

Our corn has really take off. Charlie had to put in wood stakes and plastic ties just to keep them from falling over. Our neighbors are in awe that our corn is so high. I know the farmers crops around here are hurting, we haven't had much rain.
Tomatoe plants are in full bloom, but No red ripe tomatoes yet. Some of the carrots are still growing.

Some yummy veggies we just pulled out of our garden. I'll be making some zucchini bread/z~cupcakes. I'm not sure what Charlie will do with the egg plant. Jalapeno's, He eats them, I don't!
Our 1st Sunflower!! Isn't it gorgeous?!? Just as i was taking the picture a bumble bee showed up. Loves that pollen!
Well that's all i have for now. I'm hoping to get crafty in the next few days.
Thanks for stoppin by! Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Your garden is gorgeous. You have quite a green thumb. Love the sunflower with the bumble bee picture.

Mama of 2 said...

Love all of those flowers in your yard. My children start school on August 19. I'm not ready for homework!

Jeanne said...

Thanks for the tour! Your flowers are just lovely! They look showroom perfect. Mine are, let's say, weather-beaten as well as bug eaten. LOL

Congrats to your boys for passing their levels in swimming. I'll just be they are very happy.

Enjoy your last weeks of summer vacation (wink). The girls go back on Wednesday-and they are quite excited. Yay all around!

Kathi Carlson said...

Great photos, Kari! Everything looks so bright and pretty - so alive!! Good for the boys for passing their swimming levels. Good for you that they're going back to school soon! I so remember being "ready" for school to start. Take care, friend!

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty garden! I love all of the pictures! That corn is looking good!

Kisha! said...

Kari your home looks FABULOUS! your gardens are BEAUTIFUL! how LOVELY! and the siding is awesome :) Congratulations! :)

Lisa said...

wow! I wish my flowers looked like that! Beautiful pictures again my friend! Congrats to the boys!

Laurel said...

Wow, look at all of those pretty flowers!

Carole... said...

Beautiful garden!... and beautiful blog!! I can't wait to spend some time looking around. :-)

Blessings,
Carole

Jena said...

Wow, it all looks great! I especially love sunflowers so your last pic is my favorite - oh, and my nickname is Bee (my mom calls me that) even though I am afraid of them ;-) so that's just a cool pic! I hope you're doing well - take care!