Saturday, August 22, 2009

"U Go Girl"


Products Used... Retired CTMH B&T~ CTMH RicRac, CS, {Flowers, Brads, Scripture Sticker... Hobby Lobby} Cricut Cartridge~George & Basic Shapes. Click on layout to inlarge
This layout was inspired by my new tenny shoes. Ok, don't think I'm too lame. But about a week ago, I was standing outside and happen to look down at my shoes and thought.. Hey, I should start walking when the kids go back to school. Then that way i can really devote some "Me time" for myself. I have tried so many times to get into an exercise routine, and nothing seems to work for me. In my lifetime I've had so much exercise equipment and it just sat there and caught dust. {It was a hate relationship after i bought it} LOL My hubby said I could "NOT" have another piece equipment in the house. {had 3 treadmills and sold them all} hehehe, ok not funny. Oh, but i got a new bike this summer and I love it It's in the garage. :) hehehe
Anyway, I've decided to start a 9x9 scrapbook album for "Just ME" I even get to use pretty papers. With 4 males in the house {dog included} I am so out numbered here.
I'm going to TRY to do a page a week and scrap my progress. I may post my layouts/progress. But this is where I am beginning. School start August 27th. I be walking then.
Thank you for your kind words about Micah's bike video! He does have a tender heart.
Thanks for stoppin by, have a great weekend!
Blessings!

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your layout, Kari, and the fact you are going to do an "About Me" album. I'll look forward to seeing more! As for your commitment to walk, good for you!

Alanna said...

Great layout Kari. I definitely think that an "about me" album is something that all scrapbookers, especially moms, should do. We have stories too, that aren't necessarily all about our kids.

Have fun walking.

Sparkle said...

What a great layout! I can't wait to see the rest of your album.

Jeanne said...

Go, go, go! I think this is fabulous, Kari! Not just the layout, but your commitment to walking. Love your new walking shoes and the layout showcasing it all. Creating an album about you is terrific, too.

I'll be cheering you on from CO and hopefully virtually walking beside you (because, yes, I need to get into an exercise routine, too-gasp!)

Laurel said...

Great layout! You go girl, making an album dedicated to yourself is a great idea. My 'Road Trip' album is really helping me! as is my blog dedicated to keeping fit. Here it is if you want to take a boo:

http://time2getfitlaurel.blogspot.com/