Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's Time....


Products Used~ CTMH 9x9 DP w/album, Cricut Cartridge, Plantin Storybook. I'm not sure what album & papers this is? It is CTMH. I bought a few yeas ago.

My cover page....Ok, I'm not really one to call attention to myself. But I think doing a scrapbook of just me is going to be fun! Over the 7 years that I have been a devoted scrapbooker/paper crafter I rarely did any pages of myself. Thank you ladies for your encouragement! It means a lot! I also agree with what Alanna said in her comment on my previous post about scrapbooking ourselves. We need too.
In the last few years there have been a few milestones in my life that were not personally captured in my scrapbooks. To name a few.... Getting married at 39, having children again at the age of 42 & 44. Becoming a Grammy, to two beautiful granddaughter's {one on the way,} Turning 50... Shhhhh, OMG that was hard. Getting braces at 49 Yikes....{9 days before my 50th BD} I have learned over the years, that you are never too old to have the desires of your heart! My Faith in God has kept me focused.
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust Him and He will do this. : ) Psalms 37;4, 5 One of my favorite verses.
Anyway, I promised my boys they could have a few of their friends over this summer for a Pool/Pinata Party. That will be Tuesday. It's suppose to be 87 degrees here. And with school starting Thursday... I need to get on the ball. The Pinata {Transformer} is filled. I'll probably post pictures!
Well, that's all i have for now. Thanks for stoppin by and have a great Sunday with your families!

5 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

OMGosh what a great idea. I really should do that too...I just hate pictures of myself. BTW that picture of you is beautiful! Your boys will LOVE a book about their Mom!

Sparkle said...

What a lovely front page!

Jeanne said...

Ooohhhh....this IS gonna be fun. I should follow your lead and do this myself, but I'm not sure I'm up to the challenge. I will definitely think about it.

I love that you are so open and honest and I applaud you for taking life by the horns and LIVING it!

Laurel said...

Beautiful picture and page!

Kathi Carlson said...

This is great, Kari! I hope you share it with us. This is something I would love to do, too. After the wedding ... maybe! Your cover page is perfect!