Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Say Ahh


Products Used~ Papers...Paris Nights Collection, CTMH... Stamp Set, Giggle Lowercase... DE Letters Sponged Dabbed w/ Black Ink, Liquid Glass... Brads,Wire, Hinges. Journaling under "Ouch" Flips Up
I had this weird light bulb moment last week Thursday. But i had to wait till Monday to work it out. {Office closed on Friday's. I was thinking since Sam had all those Colorful Orthodontic Elastic Rubber Bands in his mouth. Maybe i could work it into his layout. :) At his appointments Sam could always pick out what color rubber bands he wanted for his braces. Most of the time it was Green & Gold Packer Colors. Other times Red & Blue. Anyway, so i was thinking.... Maybe i could talk to "Jane Doe" {thank You!!} at the Orthodontic Office and see if i could get some of those colored rubber bands. Don't laugh.... No problem, She even cleared it with the Doctor. She asked if i would bring in the layout at Sam's next check up. They are so sweet!
So this is what i came up with. Lame??? : )
I knew I would string it with some wire, but it needed something else.
If you want to read Sam's Story about his Orthodontic Treatment. You can find it here & here


Seems like I haven't posted anything crafty in such a long time. It's been pretty busy here since the kids got out of school for the summer. They are both in swimming lessons right now. Sam will probably pass into Level 3 tomorrow. Micah will stay in Level 2. They have to swim the width of the pool to pass out of Level 2.
I was thinking since i have been so active with the boys i wanted to keep up with them. I bought my 1st bicycle in 15-20 years. "Insert Giggle Here" No kidding. I haven't ridden a bike in forever. The last week of the end of the school year, Sam was riding his bike to school with his friends mom, & family. So i got to thinking. I want to do that with my boys. With not having my granddaughters when school starts again in the fall, I'll be able to do that.
Anyway That's whats happening in my Little Korner. I hope you are all having a great summer. Speaking of summer... Where is it? It's July 1st and it's w 57-63 degrees today. Yikes!
Well, the groomer just called, Toby is done i need to pick him up. Thanks for taking the time to stop by. And your sweet comments! Have a great week!
Much Love!

7 comments:

Alanna said...

So cute Kari. I love all those rubberbands. Very clever. It also makes me think back to when I had braces. Although, I'm not sure that colored bands were offered back then. This would be more than 20 years ago.

How fun for you that you got a bike. I hope you enjoy riding it.

Kathi Carlson said...

Kari, this layout is precious, and your choice of "embellishments" was perfect!! I suppose since they go in one's mouth, those little buggers are "acid-free." Right? LOL.

As for the bike, good for you! It will be a good time for you and the boys.

Sparkle said...

What a great layout! I wore braces from 16 til I was 19. I changed the colors everytime depending on holidays, lol. Have fun riding with the boys!

Mama of 2 said...

Love your layout!

Laurel said...

Very creative!

Samantha said...

This is so creative. I love it!

Lisa said...

So cute!! Who would have thunk it!!
Have fun biking!