Friday, July 17, 2009

Pretty n Pink

I had some play time this morning and made this card. It's pretty colorful in person. I love to use the vellum with these colors.... I'm happy the way it turned out. I took these pictures outside, cloudy day today. 63 here. What happened to summer. The warm up is on it's way~ Next Tuesday.

CTMH Card stock ~ Random Stamped Background, Stamp Set, Sweet Flowers, {love this set!}Vellum Overlay, Whipper Snapper Watering Can Stamp & Sentiment, Brads ?, Sassy Strands, Copic Markers.
This second card is just one piece {4.1/4 x 5.5 } RS {random stamped} CS and a 4 x 5.5 piece of CS folded in half and opens, matted with Sweet Pea Papers & Stickease, Flower Brads, Ribbon.

My boys have a new love. The are forever asking me to take them to the Skate Park, Skate Store. They recently got skateboards at {Wal-Mart} Sam has really taken off building his confidence, going down the ramps. Yikes... Micah wiped out yesterday on his sb so now he just rides his scooter. I'm sure he'll be on his board again. I'll post pictures at a later date. I think I'm glad they are into this. They love it!
Sam is 9.5 yo going on 15. {Personality wise} He is really changing. He's more conscience about his clothes these days. Accept when he came downstairs wearing plaid shorts and a stripped shirt. hehehe
Anywho, Charlie is still on the ladder. A few guys are coming tomorrow morning to help finish putting up the siding on the front of the house.
So that's all i have for now. Have a great weekend, Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute cards, Kari! Love that little watering can image, and one can never go wrong with Sweet Flowers.

One of my boys was a skateboarder and really enjoyed it. Watching him on those big ramps made me a little crazy, and he got a little bunged up once in a while. But boys are boys, right? If it hadn't been that it would have been something else. It sounds like you're enjoying them, which is good cuz they grow up way too fast!

Enjoy your weekend, friend!

Mama of 2 said...

Cute cards. Love those colors!

Jeanne said...

Super cute cards! I really like the watering can and flowers. Nice coloring on those.

Sounds like your boys are having a blast this summer and that's terrific! Glad you can enjoy their antics (and inwardly cringe, right)!

Thanks for the corn tips. No 'coons here in the middle of suburbia (that we have ever seen), but we sure do appreciate the ideas!

Have an awesome weekend.

Laurel said...

These cards are so pretty, love the colors!

Alanna said...

Great cards Kari. I am especially fond of the first one and those cute watering cans.

I hope the skate boarding goes well. I'm sure your boys are loving it.

Sparkle said...

What darling cards! My mom broke her arm skateboarding as a child. She never let me, lol...

Lisa said...

Love them both! LOVE all the pink!