Saturday, May 2, 2009

Suicide Is NOT OK

As Carol's viewing is nearing today and funeral tomorrow i just needed to vent.. I still can't believe she's gone....Suicide is not ok. It's past the cry for help.
I know sometimes people have overwhelming stress in their lives and they feel no one cares and they have No Hope. They want to end it all. There is no inner peace they can turn too. Where is God?? In Jesus Name, He's a whisper away. Reach out! Ask him to help you and come into your life. {And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Acts 2;21}
For those who have that "Hope of an Eternity in Heaven"... it's a win win for them. They know heaven is their home. But some are even unsure of their own Eternal Destination. They just want out of here.
But for us who are left to put the pieces together of their broken lives, it's heart wrenching. Hoping to one day see them again. Yet asking ourselves... If i only spent more time with so and so/Ronnie/Carol. Would this still have happened?
My brother Ronnie took his own life September 14, 1980. He was going through an ugly divorce. He was down at my dads shop and left his voice on a cassette tape. Saying good- bye and his last plea to get his wife back. His wife at the time brought him the gun. { He told her he had a buyer for it?} She went back hours later and found him. I have forgiven. But It's something you never forget, it stays with you the rest of your life. My daughter's close friend ..... Her brother took his own life a year ago. Had dinner with his parents the night before. Hugged them good bye outside his house. Went in and hours later called 911 and told them he was going to take his life. {not wanting his family to find him} By the time the police got there it was over.
Yesterday a 17 year old student from our local High School took his own life in the School parking lot. It's Not OK. They're hurting and crying for help!
I'm numb. I'm sorry if this is more then you wanted to read/hear. But this is real life and real people are hurting.. Let's reach out to them before it's too late.
I miss you.... Ronnie, Carol
Hug a friend today. Tell them there lives matter.

Blessings!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with this so much in your life. What an ordeal and I truly feel for those that are in the position that they feel their life is not worth continuing or that they just don't have the strength to endure. This life is hard.

I pray that you will be able to eventually heal from your friend's sudden departure from this life.

meremere said...

I'm sorry for your loss and I completely agree with you post. Maybe someone Google-ing suicide will come across your post and be inspired to let God work in their life.

Meredith (CTMH Consultant)

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, you have had a lot to deal with in regards to this. I'm so sorry! Wish I could reach through cyber space and give you a hug.

Thank you for sharing this difficult period in your life and like the previous poster said, maybe if someone is googling the topic, they will come across your post and be given some food for thought.

Lori said...

So sad to hear that a 17 year old has taken his life. My heart goes out to his family and friends. It's very scary to even think of a child wanting to take his life.

Andrea said...

So true. Suicide is so sad, and I often times don't think people realize the ramifications it has on everyone around them. God can heal any broken heart, we just have to let Him do it! Turn it all over...that's what everyone needs.
Thanks for the strong witness. I'm praying for you today.
Love ya!

Lisa said...

Feeling your pain and praying for you and the family.
Love you girlfriend,
Lisa