Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garden Almost Complete

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Thank you so much for your kind words and Anniversary wishes for us. You are all so sweet!! Friday night Christyl & Mark kept our boys and Charlie & I went out to dinner. Nothing special, just some much needed quiet time.

It was great having my hubby home for 4 days. He took the layoff on Friday morning, had to stay for 2 hours show up time, and off he went. He was home my 10:30 am.
Saturday morning i knew he wanted to sleep in so i got up 6:30 went about my business, made my coffee, had my quiet time, & my laptop. Only to glance up and see a Giant Centipede running across the celling above me and on his way down the wall. Well, i had to wake up Charlie out of a sound sleep to get this thing. It was huge! LOL Honestly i don't do well with any bugs esp. those things with a zillion legs. yuck.
He wasn't mad that i woke him up. He just laughs at me. But i hear about it when he wants me to go camping and i don't go along. Too many bugs. I know, i shouldn't worry about that, but i hate to tent camp. Spiders always invade the tent.

Saturday he built these above ground garden beds. He wants to build one more 7' bed on the end.


Charlie planted flowers for me in the front flower bed yesterday. Toby got groomed too this weekend. He is such a ham!

I'd like to try and get into my scrap room today. Sam gets his braces off today too. He is one happy camper. :) He may still have to wear bands on his back molars yet?
Well i best be off if I'm going to get anything done today. Seems like a Monday.
Have a great week! Thanks for stoppin by!

7 comments:

Sparkle said...

What a lovely set up! Can't wait to see it once everything has bloomed!

AaronB said...

cute puppy!! and how fun the garden will be!

Kathi Carlson said...

Toby is looking fine. Glad to hear you had a good weekend. As for bugs, I don't like 'em in my space either!

Laurel said...

Wow, it will be beautiful! Hahaha, I wondered why Charlie would comment on my blog! Although I did figure something like that happened!

Jeanne said...

Great photos! Your garden area looks fresh and I'm interested to hear how an "above ground" garden works.

Toby looks splendid!

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I hear ya on the feels like Monday comment...LOL

Lisa said...

The gardens look great!

mE said...

AWESOME AWESOME~!

You're going to loooove having a raised bed garden. They're fairly easy to keep up, but seem to require more water than a regular "in ground" garden. We did 5 boxes on our back hill and have one more to build for potatoes (next year most likely) and perhaps another for odds n ends veggies.. lol!

ADORABLE DOGGIE!!! What is Toby a mix of?

Inky Smiles!
Erin