Thursday, April 30, 2009

In Memory....

This has been a difficult week. I received a phone call on Monday that my friend Carol took her own life.{total shock} I haven't seen her in over a year, We lost touch with each other. I didn't know she was diagnosed with breast cancer last year and was suffering from depression. I didn't know she privately got married last summer. Carol wouldn't wear her big heart on her sleeve. But she would help anyone in need. She even bought me a older car once just so i had transportation. She even played piano for my wedding. She was the sweetest, kindest person you could ever meet and you would be proud to be her friend.
I met Carol at the Church we attended in the mid 80's We were both single and hung out together and we were involved in the singles ministry at our church. She had this big smile and cute little laugh. You can read a little more about Carol Here
Charlie and I had Newsboys tickets for this Sunday. We gave them up and blessed someone else who doesn't even know us or have no idea why we couldn't go. We feel good about that. I could not even think about going after i got the news about Carol. Her life mattered to me. She will be missed!

Hug a friend today.

Hugs!

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. That's terribly sad for such a giving person. She will be missed.

You all will be in my thoughts at this difficult time.

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh, Kari. I'm so sorry. From the looks of her obituary, your friend was someone who gave much to many. This is one of those situations we can't understand. They're so hard. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Alanna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Kari. What a tough time for you and her family. May our loving Heavenly Father comfort you and them during this hard time.

Barb said...

Oh Kari, I'm so sorry to hear about this. She sounds like a wonderful person and I know she will be missed. Cherish your memories. And I pray that you will find comfort in your faith. Blessings to you.

Sparkle said...

Kari,
I'm so sorry for your lost. Your family will be in my thoughts. Love, Sparks

Laurel said...

So sorry.

Sanela Kubiak said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Miss you...

Lori said...

This is so sad. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Suicide is so hard to accept. I know life can be horrible at times, but unforunately some people can't see ahead to know that things will be get better.