Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thankful

This is such a busy time of year for me as well as it is for you too I'm sure. With all the Birthdays we had in December and with Christmas i feel like i haven't slowed down a bit.
Today is my dads 82 Birthday. We are going out to his house today. His wife is having a surprise BD party for him with just my family, my brothers & my sister. I hope it makes my dad feel special having his kids around as he doesn't remember much of current events anymore.

Last Monday morning at 5:15am Charlie was in a car accident on his way to work. The truck in front of him lost control and kept fish tailing all over the hwy. The truck flipped over on it's side and Charlie hit him. He said he didn't want to slam on his brakes and loose control himself.
Our weather last week was so unpredictable. We had gotten so much snow. We are so Thankful they both walked away from this accident.




Although the damage looks bad the Insurance Adjuster that came out to the the Towing Yard and took pictures called Charlie Wednesday and told him the engine looked good. But IF damages exceeds 70% or greater then the value of the car, then they will have to claim it a Total Loss. We were hoping to hear something by Friday but have not heard anything yet. {2006 Ford Tauras}

As you can see there wasn't much damage to the truck that loss control. Except the back end frame was all bent and some side damage from the flip.
Oh and did i mention that this guy has NO Insurance. There ought to be a law against that. But not in Wisconsin. We have full coverage with a 250 deductable. Our Insurance Agent said they will go after him for that, and payments for damages, and if he can't pay his drivers license will be revoked. Charlie said after the accident the guy kept telling him how sorry he was and then gave him a hug. I feel sorry for this guy but come on... if you drive there should be a law that you carry Insurance or you get No drivers license.
The kids & I have off this next week. Hopefully I'll get to play with them, and get into my scrap room and play myself.
I hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas! We did too. Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I'll be back with a card soon!

3 comments:

Mommy Poulsen said...

WOW! That is so scary! Glad to hear everyone is okay.

Sparkle said...

I'm glad Charlie is okay! Good luck with the car and glad everyone is safe.

Veronica said...

oh my gosh, I am so glad he is okay. wow, Have a happy new year