Thursday, October 2, 2008

Look Mom.... No More Tonsils

We {Micah & I} took Sam to the hospital this morning at 6 am to have his Tonsils and Adenoids out. Surgery was at 7:30. He did very well other than the fact he got sick 3 times. He was drinking his water so well after surgery. Not just taking sips, but really drinking it down with a straw. He ate 4 Popsicles and then the nurse gave him his meds, than he said he felt sick. He turned as white as a sheet. {no need to go into detail} We had to stay longer so they could watch him. They had to give him something to stop the vomiting.

Sam has been been resting/sleeping off & on all morning. We were able to take him home at 12:15.
He has been sleeping on the couch the last 3 1/2 hours. I have to wake him every 20 minutes or so to get him to drink. He is quite the trooper!



No school till at least the middle of next week. And no gym or recess for 2 weeks. I'm ready for a nap myself. Been up since 3:30am. Sam wanted to get up and see his dad off to work. What a boy!! Well that's about it. I'm gonna kick my feet up. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers & thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Veronica said...

oh my goodness, been there done that and as an adult. Bless his heart. Make sure he keeps those scabs from the tonsils wet.... tons to drink etc and popsicles... give him a big kiss....

Jenn said...

Glad to hear all went well and he is doing good! Get some rest soon and tell Sam he's such a trooper! :D

Mlchristie said...

Hi, got to see his pictures.Glad he is being a big trooper and hope he improves with each new day.Get some rest and feel better soon.love you all MLC.

Jenn said...

ps...I left something on my blog for ya! :D

Kari said...

Yay! Bless his little heart. I am so glad that things went well...I get sick with anesthsia too...so I know that is no fun. Here is to a speedy recovery!

Nicole said...

Oh the little darling! We did this with Kadence last September and it was miserable. He looks great in the pics though, and he will feel so much better now. Kadence has not been sick one time since we had them out. Blssings to the whole family!

Loved talking to you the other day!

Love ya!

Sparkle said...

Glad he did well...and hope he feels better soon.

Veronica said...

how is our big guy doing today?