Thursday, October 30, 2008

How Ya Been?

Good here, I've been working on some projects for my November Close to my Heart gathering. I would have posted my stuff here but the ladies that are hosting the party visit my blog and i wanted to keep our project a surprise.
I have the next 5 days off from watching my granddaughters. I plan to get a lot done here at home. I need to clean up my scrap room for starters.
Hey guess what! I have been wanting to get the Cricut Expression for sometime but i couldn't justify the purchase without selling my Original Cricut. I have heard a lot about Craigs List so i thought i would list it there. It's FREE they will keep your add posted for 45 days. Can you imagine what that would cost if you placed an add in your local newspaper? I put the add on Craig on Saturday the 25th and it sold yesterday! I received a few e mails but, the young gal "Megan" who was really interested in it bought it. She drove 50 miles, and picked it up last night. I got to show her how to use it. What a sweet gal! I know in my heart she was meant to have it. {Another Bug has a Good Home... Cricut.. get it} :)
So the Cricut Expression is the Cadillac of die cut machines. IMHO I bought it over the weekend. I can't believe all the extra features it has. Not to mention it will cut 1/4" to 23.5" in seconds. LOL
Anywoo, tonight me & the boys, my daughter and her husband and girls are going to a Fun Fall Fest thingy at a local AG Church. We went a few years ago and the kids had a blast. Candy, games, prizes that sort of thing.
Not much else going on. Charlie has the weekend off, a whole 2 days Yipee. He wants to get stuff put up and get ready for winter. We would also like to take the boys bowling. We haven't really had any family fun time in a while. I know they miss that when dad has to work all the time. We're hoping things will slow down a bit come Monday... We'll see... It's Day Light Savings this weekend. We get that extra hour of sleep. Spring ahead, Fall behind.
Well that's about all i have for now. I'm hoping to make a card while i have the time off, and play with my new toy.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kisha! said...

Girl! I miss catching up with you - I think we owe each other a phone call or somethin ;)

Maybe tonight. I have the night 'off' in that I don't have ANYTHING to do except go to the laundry mat. I might just call ya! What time works for you?

Kisha

Kari said...

So glad that your hubby has the weekend off... I truly missed my hubby for the months he moved ahead of us...so I know how it is. And the kiddos need their time with dad too! Have a fun time with Family!

Jenn said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well and that your hubby has the weekend off...how FUN! :D Have a great weekend and have fun with your new toy...can't wait to see what you create! :D