Sunday, September 14, 2008

Zoo Layout...but Not A Total Washout!

This is the layout I've been working on for a while. Escape time is hard to come by these days. My daughter & son in-law took their 2 girls & my two boys to the Zoo last month. They had a great time. Meghan seemed to have that expression on her face as to say... WOW ... Cailyn the baby is just enjoying the ride.
Products i used were "Zoo Friends" Stamp set from CTMH. I stamped the animals and cut them out and put foam squares behind. I inked dabbed the chipboard letters with Citrus Leaf and used Create A Shade { inspired by Kim} with a brush to give them a little shine. DP papers are from Hobby Lobby. I could have ordered the DP from CTMH but i wanted to get the LO together and didn't have those papers on hand. Oh well. I have a journal pull out tab on the right side of the 5x7 picture.


We had planned on working on the house yesterday. We had recruited 4 extra guys {family & friends} and all it did was rain. Nothing we can do about that. It happens. We did go and visit friends. I have to say that was the biggest blessing ever. I believe sometimes we don't always get what we pray for. I believe God rearranges our plans to give us something more meaningful. Does the house need to get done? Absolutely! But quality time shared with good friends doesn't happen everyday. And for that i am thankful!
Well the rain has finely stopped and my hubby is out there swinging the hammer again. We have another Saturday work day planned in a few weeks. I'll give you a heads up then. Hey thanks for stopping by. Oh and the Packers WON 48-25 They are 2 and 0. I think Arron Rodgers is pulling it off.

5 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute layout, Kari! It rained here, too, yesterday. I'm glad your day was good even if the work had to be set aside. Take care!

Nicole said...

So so cute Kari and the pics of the kids are darling! I think I will go get my Zoo Friends out and play with it now. lol I am sorry it rained but you are right sometimes God has plans for us that are better suited for us and he knows what we need more than we do. Love ya!

Laurel said...

So cute! I love all the little animals and the paper is perfect!

Jenn said...

I love, love, love these layouts!!! Super cute stamps and paper!! :D

Barb W said...

Very nice layouts! I love the Zoo. The paper choice here is fantastic! Love those animal prints.