Saturday, September 27, 2008

Train Up A Child...

The joys of being a grandparent can not be explained until you become one. Before i became a Grammy i would hear grandparents make comments like... "Oh you'll love being a grandparent, you can love them, spoil them, and give them back" At the time i thought how rude is that. {parents have a hard enough job} LOL But it's true. They are not yours you get to love them, spoil them, but you give them back.
Watching my own daughter being a mother and loving her baby girls is so rewarding.

We teach our own boys the importance of praying daily and giving thanks to God for meeting our needs My daughter & son in law are teaching that to Meghan as well.
I have my 2 granddaughters {2 yo & 8 months} everyday M-F half days They are a joy!
I have been wanting to get a picture of Meghan for quite a while as she folds her hands to pray before she eats. One morning before breakfast this last week i snuck my camera into the kitchen and got this shot of her as she was praying over her food.

The title comes from one of my favorite scriptures...
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22;6

Products i used... All CTMH Papers.. Silhouette level 2, added Vineyard Berry, Dimensional Classic Alphabets sponge dabbed Brilliant Graphite Black Ink on the letters, SU Photo Corner Punch, Tab Punch for hidden journaling under picture, Ripple Scissors. White Gel Pen.

I'm waiting for my hubby to get home from work he wants to make a Wal-Mart run and pick up a few things. I guess that will be our outing. He wants to work on the house.
I better get ready and round up the boys. We'll be heading out.
Thanks for stopping by and Have a Blessed Weekend!

11 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful, Kari! And you've got to know that I agree about being a grandparent. What a blessing it is. Thanks for sharing!

Laurel said...

So cute!

Kari said...

WOW... that is a totally awesome picture... and wonderful layout! Your grandaughters are blessed to have you as their grandmommy! I love the honesty of a child's heart for Jesus!

Jena said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this! And it is such the inspiration that I need - Brailee has been learning to say her prayers and I've been wanting to take a pic of her arms folded and eyes squeezed tight, but didn't know what to do on a page - now I know - TFS!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful layout! I love this paper pack!

Mommy Poulsen said...

This layout is beautiful and the picture melts my heart! How cute!

Sandra T. said...

I am glad you printed it in black and white [or is that sepia]. Love that pic.!!!

Nicole said...

So pretty! I love it and can't wait to do something similiar to this. As always thanks for the inspiration!! I have tried to join to be a follower but the link isn't there?

Love ya!

Nicole said...

Kari I left a comment for you on the MB about this picture, but I just love the layout! That little girl is simple an angel. What a special granddaughter. And that layout is perfect.

Kisha! said...

Beautiful!Thanks for sharing with us. You are awesome - LOve you girl!

Kisha

Barb W said...

Beautiful, beautiful layout! Oh and that picture is just heartwarming! She looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing your creations with me.

And..TAG! You're it! Check out my blog for all the details.Blessings!