Friday, July 25, 2008

Crayon Resist

I was messin around yesterday and made this card. It's using the crayon resist tech. I love the way it turned out. There have been so many examples of this tech. on blogs that it's hard to give credit to one person.
I used CTMH White Daisy Card Stock {Next time i'll try it on Glossy Photo Paper and a brayer} Random stamped flowers using CTMH Stamp set Happiness {I love this stamp set as much as i love Sweet Flowers} It's a keeper.
I used Blush Ink and than took the white crayon and colored in the white spots on the flowers. I used a makeup sponge and dabbed it with Sunny Yellow Ink. I recently bought the Scor-Pal ~ How cool is that. Scored the Blush card stock and sand distressed it with a nail sanding block.Added Ricrac.
As you see i edited/deleted some of my previous post. I just felt i didn't need to whine and complain about my husbands job situation any longer. It is what it is, and it's what we are dealing with right now. We're just thankful he has a job. Nuff said!
Well you all have a great weekend thanks for stopping by.
And remember when i reach 10,000 hits. It's another Blog Candy Give Away. See previous post. Later

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Kari,
I love your card, but I love the integrity and honesty by which you live your life much more.
Thanks for sharing your world with us,
Lisa

Laurel said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I have an award for you on my blog.

sparkplug17 said...

I love the colors and how it turned out. Is that a new SOTM stamp set? Again, lovely card!

Stacy said...

Beautiful card! I love what Lisa said above! We all love you. :-)

Sunflowergal74 said...

Hey Kari
I have been thinking about you! How are you? Hope things are well and I'm sorry I haven't had time for chatting - summer is the busiest time of year for us!

Kisha

Jenn said...

Love it!!! :D The colors are so pretty and I heart this stamp set!!! It's one of my faves!!! :D

Scrap Jaci said...

I love the bright sunny colors on this card. I will have to try the crayon resist.

Barb W said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the colors, the random stamping, the scoring, the sentiment...well, all of it! What a talented lady you are! Thanks for sharing.~ Be Blessed!~ Barb