Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blessings

I thought i would try out my little pink gem stones i got from Jenn. {thank You}
I've always loved this stampset {Sweet Flowers} from CTMH. It's one set i can't part with . I stamped it on White Daisy CS base with Blush Ink and i used a vellum overlay. If you are looking for an adhesive that will not show thru vellum this is it >>> {ATG 714 Red Scotch Gun} Framers in craft stores use it for matting pictures. It works great for all paper crafting/ scrap booking/ card making. I love the thing! I use the 1/4 Gold Adhesive. It's permanent! If i get request for more info on it i will post more about the ATG Gun. Anyway the other stamp set i used was CTMH Friendship Blessings, Oval Scallop Punch, & Oval Punch, Chocolate Ink & CS, Foam Dots. I like how it turned out.

Some of you asked how we are doing on our house siding progress. This is it. It looks so nice here at home. Some people have even drove by and said they loved the color. They must have remembered what it looked like before we took off the other siding. Yuck. {See our house in progress, on side bar}

The front is looking good!
This whole upper side has since been wrapped

My boy's Sam & Micah

Well I've been feeling much like the single parent this past week. My hubby is on mega OT plus Saturday's and his 150 mile drive each day doesn't keep him at home much. We miss him! We see this new job location as a Blessing!! Even though the miles are more than he traveled at his other job for 2 years. {He was 30 miles from the house} Now they are paying his mileage. Praise The Lord! He still gets to do what he loves, Operating Cranes.
He says the house will be done before winter. I don't really care. I know his days are long enough as it is. So what we get done, we get done! I'll keep you posted. Well, that's about all i have for now. A dear bloggin friend had recently said to me... "Thank you for letting us peek into your life" I feel the same way when i get to read about you and your lives on your blog. We are getting a window into your world. Thank You!!
Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Kari! Love the layouts you posted earlier. So cute!! I love this card, too, and like you, the Sweet Flowers stamp set. Your house looks great, and the color is awesome. As for your attitude about getting it done, it's the right one. There are more important things than the house we live in. Thanks for sharing!

Veronica said...

Too cute I love that card and the house looks fantastic. Your cutie sure is doing an awesome job on the house. hugs Veronica

Kim said...

Great card! And the house is looking good! TFS

Jenn said...

Hey girlie~
Your card is beautiful. I love the soft pink color and the gems go perfect! ;) Your house is coming along nicely! TFS!!! :D

Nicole said...

LOVE IT!! The card and the house I mean. I really do love the color. Is that a SU scallop punch?

Love ya!

Barbara said...

Hi Kari....You've TAGGED!!

De from www.stampin-de-va.blogspot.com tagged me! She's a fellow CTMH consultant that has super fun workshops at her house.

~*~ Here are the rules:

Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 2 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

~*~ Here are my "facts":

1. I met my husband over the phone in 1978, have twin daughters 25 yrs old, and 2 sons in their upper 30s.

2. I have a grandpooch named Nugget, short for "Chicken Nugget" because she's a fawn colored toy Chihuahua and was small enough to fit in one hand when we first got her. She reminded us of a chicken nugget...lol

3. Hard to believe, but I grieved more when my other grandpooch, Sasha, crossed-over to doggy heaven then I have ever grieved for anyone. I miss her SO MUCH.

4. I owned a huge swimming pool business for 20 years...2 retail stores, concrete crews, inground pool installations, playground fabrications, etc.....Thank goodness that stress is in the past!!! Now I'm an administrative assistant in a dialysis facility.

5. I've lost 23 lbs on Weight Watchers since mid-April and dropped my colesterol 40 points!!!!

6. I love Crystal Lite Peach Tea and I usually drink a 64 oz pitcher of it a day!

7. And, last but by all means NOT LEAST.....I am SO addicted to making cards and scrapbooking! I'm not kidding....I would rather be in my scrapping den more than do anything!!

I tag:

Vicki at www.wizardshangout.com
AND
Kariberry over at www.kariberry97.blogspot.com

If you ladies are too busy to play along, just let me know!

Jena said...

Beautiful card and the house is looking great! TFS!

Inkyfingerz said...

I love your card. That too is one of my favorites and I love how you used it. Your house is beautiful. The layouts below are super cute too. Have a great and blessed day!!

Barb W said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the colors as well as the sentiment. Hope your house endeavors are going smoothly at this point in time.