Monday, June 16, 2008

You're my favorite

When i ordered this stamp "best friends forevah" from Stamping Bella i had my 2 granddaughters in mind. They are 19 months apart. I know as they grow up together they will be the best of friends.
I love how the card turned out but I'm not sure about the color of their faces. I used my Copic Markers but i don't think i have the right skin tone color yet. Or i just grabbed the wrong color.
My eyes are acting up. I'm on my second pair of sample contacts. And they still don't have them right. I may have to go back to glasses for close up. I see the eye Dr on Wednesday and read the chart again to see how I'm seeing. (not to good) it's still pretty blurry.
Anyhoo, The first 2 colors i started with were Cranberry & Ocean (copics) Papers... Retired CTMH Coco Cafe with Cranberry /Ocean CS, Sentiment is from "My Favorite Things" CTMH Ribbon, Copic Markers
Thank You so much for the Happy Birthday Wishes. I had a nice day yesterday. We all went out to my sister's house. Since it was Father's Day she invited my dad & his wife for lunch. Pretty much of my whole family was there. It was good to see everyone. Mostly my dad!! I learned yesterday that my brother Dan lost his Mobile Home. It's pretty much soaked in water. They won't even let him in the Mobile Home Park to get any of his belongings. He said yesterday that he now owns a water bed. Ha He's finding humor in it.

I was just telling Micah my 6 year old that tomorrow he starts his 1st softball game. He said... "You mean i'll be on the field and all the fans will be there" OMG >>> LOL I just said. Well there will be kids, and some parents there to watch. Gosh, Kids...don't they just make your day sometimes?
We're still wrapping the house,
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute card, Kari! That's a perfect stamp for sisters. I'm glad you had a nice birthday/Father's Day. Family is where it's at. I hope Micah has fun tomorrow, too, and hams it up for the "fans." Kids and the sweet things they say are the coolest! Take care. TFS.

Stacy said...

Great card! My sister and I are 20 months apart, and we are best friends! We even live in the same neighborhood. It is so much fun.
Sorry to hear about your brother's home. That is great that he has a humorous personality, though.

Kari said...

You are right... They DO say the funniest things.... Always keeps me guessing that is for sure. I hope that Micah has a great day with all the fans there.

Sunflowergal74 said...

Sooo cute! Love the card - love what Micah said! LOL Too funny - warning! My sister and I are also 20 months apart, we don't get along at all. Now she and my other sister are 12 months apart and while I wouldn't say they are the 'best' of friends, I would definitely say they are constantly in "Cahoots" with each other!

Kisha

Jenn said...

Aww, this card is so adorable! You did a fabulous job with the coloring!!! :D

Nicole said...

So cute!! You are so talented and your coloring is just awesome Kari. You have really gotten great at those copics!

Love,
Nicole

Pammiewhammie said...

Kari.... hope you had a great birthday - it amazes me how many people I know that share the same day as me!

Jena said...

Happy late b-day! I've missed your blog lately - I've subscribed, but I'm not getting updates, so I didn't think you had posted anything new ;-P Anyway, hope you're having a great week!