Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friends

The first time i seen this stamp set was on Kathi's Corner She had made some cute cards with hanging coffee cups. I just loved it.
(maybe she'll make another one, hint, hint )
So I bought this set a few months ago. This is the first time it's seen ink. :)
I had a friend call me a few days ago that i haven't heard from in almost a year. She's stopping by for coffee this week. I thought i would give her this card and let her know it was so good to see her. She went through a painful divorce a few years ago (after a 17 year marriage) and life has been hard for her since. Long story.

Anyway, about the card... Stamp set is.. Hot Stuff... from My Favorite Things, CTMH Papers, I used the Crimper and a Ripple Scissors, Paper Pieced the dress, Copic Markers, Bigger Brads.
I'll try and post pics of Meghan Birthday Party this week. She loved her new bike.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a Blessed Week!

6 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Can't say I feel too bad about enabling you when I see a cute card like this!! Is the paper you used to paper-piece her dress from the Silhouette paper packet? It's perfect!!! TFS!

sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love all of the purple! I wish it would stop raining too! Hope you had a great bday party for the little one and have fun with your friend!

Nicole said...

Way cute card...it is perfect for your get together. Love the purple!! Can't wait to see pics from the party.

Love,
Nicole

Laurel said...

Very cute card, I love her dress!

kari said...

How cute.. Love the colors... I miss paper crafting... hopefully It wont be too long after we get moved that I can get back in the swing of things. For now I will live vicariously through all of you creative gals.

Stacy said...

I love your card! I'm a big fan of purple! :-)
This image is one of my favorites (maybe I should just go ahead and buy it).
TFS!