Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Home In Progress

Here ya go... I got some pictures together that i took of our home project we started. What were we thinking?? We knew for years it was something that had to be done. This was the time to tackle it. I'm so excited we started this but at the same time i want it done NOW. LOL I know some of you ladies can relate to that.

We are having a dumpster delivered today. The pile of old siding in the yard covered with plastic looks like a beached whale.
My SIL was helping Saturday while i was watching my granddaughters. My daughter had to work.
One of our close friends who is a contractor and has sided a few houses stopped over last night and told us we do not have to remove the wood siding on the house. (just the asphalt shingles) We can wrap & side right over it. Yippee what a relief!
This job may take us all summer to complete. But we know the end result will be beautiful. Praise God!! I can't wait! We decided not to replace the saufet on the house. That alone saved us a lot of $. All the windows and doors have been replaced already. Foundation will be painted after the siding is completed. Gutters will be replaced as well. I have included a little Slideshow Here for you to see the progress we are making. I will post updates as we make them. Please Enjoy!

Thanks for visiting my little Korner of the Web.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Kari,
Thanks for the pics.
Your house is going to look so incredible! I am excited that your letting me follow along with you.
We are doing room by room here and its just so exciting to watch the progress!
Hugs,
Lisa

Jena said...

Wow, what a project! Our siding is bad, but we won't be fixing it this year. I enjoyed the slide show - good luck!

Jenn said...

Wow, you guys have quite a project on your hands! It will be beautiful once it's finished!!! :D
Thanks for the pics and your family is beautiful! :D

Nicole said...

Wow Kari that is quite the project, I really enjoyed your slideshow and the cute pics of your boys helping out. Its fun to see where people live too. Good luck I will be checking in on you!

Love,
Nicole

Veronica said...

Oh I can't wait to see the progress you make. What a cute family and a hunka hunka cutie pootie husband..woo hoo...lol

Mommy Poulsen said...

Looks like your doing a lot of work to your house! Be sure to share pictures once the work is completed!