Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Friends for the long haul

I haven't posted anything (paper) in quite a while. It's hard for me to get scrap time/me time lately. I'm not one to stay up till midnight. I'm a morning person. LOL
I miss my mornings when i had them to myself after i took my boys to school. I love having my granddaughters everyday. Things change sometimes. Life happens right?
My boys last day of school is the 6th of June and then it's summer fun. Micah will play softball this summer and Sam wants to play soccer.
I just got my first pair of contact lenses yesterday So far so good. What a difference compared to glasses.
I had fun bringing out this little truck stamp again. As i was putting it together i couldn't help but pick the sentiment.. "friends for the long haul"
Just what does that mean? That no matter what, you 're staying in it. Friends will come and go, but there are those special friends that will stick with you no matter what.
You heard the saying... A true friend is someone who knows everything about you and loves you just the same. I have a few of those kind of friends and i trust them with my heart. I can tell them my deepest joys or hurts and it's safe with them. OK I'm getting a little emotional here. But I've seen some things change on a forum and it hurts. Prayer can change anything for the good.
Anyway back to the card.
Products i used.. Stamps, Stampin' Up, Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, You actually have to stamp the girl in the truck or a man. Some really cute little accessories stamps come with this set.
Papers, CTMH Serendipity, Outdoor Denim, and Ribbon, Foam Squares. Silver Gel Pen, Copic Markers
Thanks for stopping!

10 comments:

kari said...

I Gotta Get Me Some Copics.... they are awesome... I lve the look... and this a super cute card.

Sanela Kubiak said...

Cute card. I know what you mean when it comes to friends. Later.

sparkplug17 said...

Love the card and glad you're enjoying the contacts! I too hear ya on the friends. I just wish I lived closer to mine.

Stacy said...

I'm with Sparkle, I miss all my really good friends I left behind when I moved to FL. I love the stamp you used, and it looks like you are doing a great job coloring in the images. I am scared of Copics. I'm afraid I will get too frustrated. :-)

Laurel said...

Great job, you are getting very good with your copics! My best friend is in Castlegar :( we email sometimes but wish we saw each other more.

Jenn said...

I love it! Serendipity is one of my fav papers! This image is so cute and I love your coloring!!! I hear ya on the friends part! When I moved 4yrs. ago, I left a really great friend behind, but we are still close and see each other as often as we can! :D

Nicole said...

Super cute Kari!! You are so sweet and I am so glad that I am getting to know you more and more all the time. Friends are important and I really appreciate all the kindness you have shown me.

Hugs.

Veronica said...

I have this stamp set and I love what you have done with it. too cute....

paul profitt said...

Great stuff.
I just found your blog and love it.
Look forward to reading more.
my website
www.papercraft-ideas.com

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Hey, that is sooo cute! I have that stamp set.... hmmm, might just have to pull it out and ink it up! I think all my SU stamps must be jealous lately. They haven't seen the light of day for quite a while. LOL